Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Me Teachin' 'Bout Charts

Hi, it's me, Klu the Sailor Bear.

'Member how I went on a bacation of a lifetime last summer on the David B? That's when I learned to be a Sailor Bear. You can read all 'bout that bacation in my posts from September 2006.

Since I'm a Sailor Bear, I did some teachin' to make sure Darla and Wilbs knew where we were goin'. Here's a picture of us on the David B, lookin' at the chart. Maps for boats are called charts. Huh. Huh. Everything's called by a different name on a boat. The kitchen is called the galley and the toilet is the head and left is port and right is starboard. Sometimes it was a little confusin' for Darla and Wilbs, but not for me, cuz I learned all that stuff when I was a Sailor Bear last year.



I was really 'cited cuz Darla stopped lookin' for a nest long enough to look at the chart and say 'mwack.' (Darla still only says 'mwack.' I can't wait till she can say my name, Klu.) Wilb'rina looked at the chart too, but then she got busy doin' some 'vestigatin'. There's lots of things to 'vestigate on a boat. I'll show you a picture of Wilb'rina doin' some 'vestigatin' in the next post. But we still don't have the internet at our house, so I don't know if I'll be able to write another post tomorrow. I heard my Big Mummy say another bad word today after she got off the phone with the man who is bringin' us our router. I think we're gettin' a kind of 'venturous router, cuz it went on a bacation instead of comin' to our house like it was supposed to. It started out in Denver a couple of weeks ago, and then it went all over the country. And some days it did some hidin' so the man couldn't find it. And now it's on its way back to Denver, but it might not be here till Monday. I think we're gonna like this router when it gets here, cuz it's so 'venturous.

Love,
Klu the Sailor Bear

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooooooo good to see you back!
    So, you've moved to the coast -nice one! Did like photo of you on pebble beach!

    Please come & post a pic of you & crew in my guest book, I've been visiting you for ages!
    Blue
    xx

    ReplyDelete