Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Grabber-Chewer Machine

Hi, it's me, Klu the Bear.

This morning the 'citing-est thing happened. I heard a big noise outside, so I looked out the window. And there were lots of big machines doin' some stuff with the snow. (Big Mummy said it was just like a live Richard Scarry book.) First, there was a road grader. He was driving along the bike lane, pushin' a long line of snow into the car lane. The line of snow was way taller than me (I'm nine and a half inches tall, you know.)

Then, the next machine was the grabber-chewer machine. He had two plows on the front that made all the snow go into his mouth. In his mouth, he had a grabber-chewer thing (Big Mummy said I could call it an auger) that chewed up the snow and spit it out onto a conveyor belt. The conveyor belt went up over the top of the grabber-chewer machine.

Then, there was a dump truck, but he was drivin' backwards! He had to drive backwards and try to catch the snow that shot off the conveyor belt from the grabber-chewer machine. Sometimes he missed the snow and it fell on the street. Huh. Huh. That made me laugh.

Then there were two more dump trucks, and they were drivin' backwards too.

When the grabber-chewer machine got right to our house, the first dump truck got full, so it drove away, and the next one backed up to start tryin' to catch the snow.

What I want to know is: where do they put the snow?

Love,
Klu

PS. I think I'm gonna draw a picture of the grabber-chewer machine now. I'll show it to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment